QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
- Why do I want a unit website?
- What is the purpose of the website?
- Who is the audience?
- Do I want a static or active site?
- Do I have the time for an active site and why does that matter?
- Who will serve as webmaster?
- Why not one of your older Cub Scouts or a Boy Scout?
- Will my families utilize the site? How do I "drive" them to the site?
- There are many: Weebly, Wix, Google Sites, etc.
- Why did I choose Weebly?
- Free for basic use
- Minimalist - less confusing and loads faster
- Drag and drop
POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN BUILDING:
- BSA Unit Website Guidelines http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Marketing/Resources/UnitWeb.aspx
- Protection of personal information
- Copyright infringement